Club Meetings and Reports

Minutes of BSMCC AGM 28 November 2019

 

Attendance - Geoff Mountford in the chair plus 9 other members

 

Apologies for Absence – Gary Martin, Steve Clarke & Daren Evans

 

Minutes silence for Chris Lindley & Alan Pearson

 

Precis of Minutes of the AGM held on Thursday 28 November 2018 was read out

 

Chairman's address – Geoff spoke at length about the past season and his vision for the future. 2019 - a good year overall with a huge thanks to all who contributed.

First team kept up. Matthew positive about future. Good mix of players. New overseas for 2020, Darren Butler, (20) primarily a batsman from Cape Town. O40 won their league. Casuals to continue but return to friendly cricket.

Juniors great season. 5 players selected for Cheshire teams. U11, U13 and U15 all won their leagues. U9 and U19 great experience. Girls progressing. All Stars (age 5 to 8) continued success over 3 years increased numbers from 24 to 60 with expectation of even more after England's successes. 2020 will see Dynamoes start covering age group 8 to 11. Will Mairs has taken over from Steve Amison and has many great ideas. Our juniors and our future is in good hands.

Great efforts in fund raising. This has to continue as expenditure increases. We do pull together as with the Fireworks and Cricket World Cup events as examples.

Geoff will be concentrating on the future now that the move is actually going to happen (after 20 years!). We will be relocating during the winter of 2020/21. Work will start next spring when the ground and square will be constructed and then during the summer the pavilion, car park etc will be built. The opportunity of this relocation is immense. There will be settling in period but the aim will be to be self sufficient through hires and functions. We have a business plan which involves some paid posts as we cannot rely solely on voluntary help. The new ground is FOUR times the size of our current Hillside Road home. One of the great characteristics of Hillside is the atmosphere, the friendliness and the family feel to the place. We need to keep this vital ethos when we move.

“These are going to be great times. We are going to be able to run as many teams as we are able and capable of. We are going to have the facilities that will enable us to participate at whatever level we are capable of. We will have one of the best set ups in Stockport...and Cheshire. These are exciting times. It will be hard work but we will get there.”

Geoff concluded by saying we will be providing an excellent facility for the Bredbury and Woodley community and provide great opportunities for everyone to be involved both socially and in sport.

 

Treasurer's Report – The year produced a small loss. The bar margin has increased and the hope is that it will continue. New bar chairman endorsed this.

 

Auditors Reported that the accounts are a true & fair view

 

Adoption of Annual Report and Accounts – accepted

 

General Committee Decisions – Annual subscriptions and Match fees unchanged

 

Election of Executive Committee, Officers including Captains

The following were elected into office

(All were formally nominated and seconded before the AGM except those underlined who were elected on the night)

 

PRESIDENT – Alan Martin

 

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

Chairman – Geoff Mountford

Treasurer – Steve Burton

Secretary – Steve Amison

Cricket Chairman – Steve Clarke

Facilities Chairman – Dave Guy assisted by Mike Fitpatrick

 

OFFICERS

CWOs Karen Wilde and Jimmy Stuart with Sue Guy as DBS verifier

Chairman of Selectors – Daren Evans

Membership Secretary – Geoff Charlwood

Bar Chairman – Andrew Moore assisted by Peter Moore

Hires Secretary – Andrew Moore assisted by Peter Moore

Junior Organiser – Will Mairs

1st XI Captain Matthew Asher - Vice TBC

2nd XI Captain TBC (Andrew Moore offered his services as captain but was willing to stand down if needs be) – Vice Jimmy Stuart

3rd XI Captain Jordan Brookes – Vice Neil Coulson

4th XI Captain John Welsh – Vice TBC

Over 40s Captain – Graham Barlow

Casuals Captain - Marc Foster

 

AUDITOR – Joe Beckett

 

 

FUND RAISING COMMITTEE

Jenny Proctor (Chair), Steph Mairs

Dave Downes – 100 club

Jill Ward – Match Ball Sponsorship

 

Election of Auditor – Joe Beckett

 

 

AOB

Bar- Andrew Moore will set bar prices, produce price lists and asked that these be adhered to. This was briefly discussed.

Social side – Dave Guy suggested that a social calendar be set out for the season and advertised so members could plan ahead.

 

Meeting closed at 20.35

© 2019 by BSMCC.

  • s-tbird
  • s-facebook